Transformation of the Anne de Bretagne Bridge in Nantes, France.
To allow this transformation, Freyssinet France will take part in the modification and strengthening of the existing structure by carrying out the following works:
– Lifting by jacking of existing deck
– Modification and lowering of pile heads
– Change of bearings and joints
– Lowering of the deck
– Implementation of additional prestressing
Main innovations of this urban transformation project:
- The deck, thus modified and lowered, will have a reduced slope and will be able to accommodate future tramway lines. Additional prestressing will allow the structure to adapt to its new use.
- The other urban challenge is to develop new walkable spaces that can accommodate all types of public (pedestrians, cyclists, children’s pushchairs, motorists, etc.), offering multiple experiences with the belvedere, the hanging garden and its vegetated cushions, the duckboard opening, the landscaped surroundings, the vast public square and a calmer traffic flow. The new bridge will devote 90% of its surface to soft mobility.
- #sustainabletechnology: the modification of the existing structure allows to keep 4800 T of concrete. In addition, the steel structure will be transported via the Loire river, avoiding the traffic of around 200 trucks.
The work will start at the end of 2024 and will be completed in 2027.
GTM OUEST – VINCI Construction France: leader of the consortium
DODIN CAMPENON BERNARD: member of the consortium
Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes: architect
SCE Amenagement & Environnement: design & engineering
schlaich bergermann partner sbp: design & engineering
3D renderings: Dietmar Feichtinger Architectes