Avoiding the unexpected for a successful rehabilitation. Freyssinet guarantees effective and sustainable rehabilitation through a comprehensive service. We assist you from the study and diagnostic phase, in order to choose the repair strategies and select the technical solutions adapted to your structure. We guarantee quality implementation by specialists who have mastered proven technologies on our numerous sites.
Drinking water storage and supply structuresWater storage tanks
Large diameter pipelines
Seasonal thermal energy storage buildings
Wastewater plants and collectorsUrban and industrial treatment plants
Rainwater or wastewater collectors
A heritage to be preserved
In the face of urbanization and the challenges posed by climate change, water supply and storage structure are of particular importance. They are part of our architectural heritage – ancient aqueducts, water towers of remarkable dimensions – and of our technical heritage – factories and underground collectors.
Hydraulic structures are highly stressed both mechanically by the hydrostatic pressure to which they are subjected and by their exposure to tides, to severe weathering in the case of atmospheric structures or to aggressive soils in the case of buried structures.
The legislation on safety standards for drinking water is constantly evolving. It includes detailed hygiene requirements for materials in contact with drinking water to ensure that only safe substances can be used.
The main problem with hydraulic structures is to ensure that they are watertight in order to avoid leaks, as well as infiltration in the case of underground structures.
Older structures also need to be strengthened to restore their original level of service and safety.
Even if properly formulated, concrete in sewage treatment plants is exposed to bacterial attack which can disintegrate it within a few years.
Why choose Freyssinet for your project?
01. Customised solution
02. Comprehensive service
03. Worldwide experience
04. Dedicated repair teams
Our solutions and technologies for water infrastructures
We are all confronted with a myriad of coating technologies, each more innovative than the last, but difficult to implement under site conditions. That’s why our teams scrupulously apply the operating procedures developed by our specialists, from the repair and preparation of substrates to the control of environmental conditions and the application of the chosen coating.
- Diagnosis of corrosion of concrete, concrete reinforcing steel and metal parts
- Diagnosis of the waterproofing of the structure
- Condition assessment and structural analysis
- High pressure water jetting and hydro-demolition
- Patching, repair and reprofiling of concrete substrates
- Working in confined space
- Working in explosive or toxic atmospheres (hydrogen sulphide)
- Containment of work areas and air treatment
- Scaffolding and tailor-made access systems
- Preparation of surfaces by high pressure water jetting or abrasive blasting
- Treatment of water ingress
- Treatment of cracks
- Treatment of expansion joints
- Anti-carbonation coatings for concrete
- Painting of external concrete facings
- External thermal insulation of tanks
- Exterior waterproofing membranes in the dome
- Bringing safety equipment into compliance
- Abrasion protection mortars
- Mortars and coatings for protection against bacterial corrosion
- Coatings for protection against condensate at roof intrados
- Protective coatings against acidic liquids
- Drinking water grade waterproofing mortars and coatings
- Drinking water grade and crack resistant waterproofing coatings
You have a project?
You have a project?
You have a question about our solutions or you already have a project in mind? Please fill out the form below and our teams will get back to you shortly.