Preserve bridge infrastructure assets: the biggest challenge for owners and operators
When exposed to the environment, increasing traffic loads and hazards, even the most well-designed bridges need repair and protection in order to ensure that their intended design life can be achieved.
Applications: roadway bridges, railway bridges, reinforced concrete bridges, prestressed concrete bridges, steel bridges, girder bridges, stay cable bridges, arch bridges, truss bridges, etc.
- Ageing of materials (concrete, steel, wood, masonry)
- Concrete cracking or spalling due to alkaline reaction
- Concrete carbonation
- Chloride penetration in the concrete cover
- Chemical aggressions (polluted air, acid rain)
- Freeze/thaw cycles
- Change of use
- Increase of live loads
- New required clearance
- Regulatory change
- Material fatigue due to wheel loads
- Excessive creep
- Differential thermal expansion
- Excessive shrinkage and differential shrinkage
- Support settlement
- Missing or defective expansion joints
- Design or construction defect
- Excessive loading
- Ground movements, earthquakes
- War damages
An end-to-end service
Assistance with structural analysis and solution design
The diversity of our skills and solutions allows us to listen to, and understand, our clients and then use our knowledge to propose solutions best suited to their particular situation. We are therefore keen to include site inspection and testing, conceptual design and materials selection within our remit.
Completion of the repair or strengthening works on site
Apart from support from experts in traffic management, all the work is carried out by our own staff.
We offer a guaranteed result – the right solution in the right place; and a durable repair assured due to our full control of the application. Our solutions are validated on numerous sites and use products which are well understood due to our technical appreciation and site know-how.
Inspection and maintenance
We can help you define and implement the most suitable maintenance and protection strategy for all components of your structure, by providing inspection, structural assessment and health monitoring services.
We also offer preventive maintenance of structural components, such as bearings, joints, cable stays and prestressing tendons which are highly loaded and exposed structural components.
Our repair solutions and technologies for bridges
Bridge repair is a priority for us, and we are investing heavily in continually improving our knowledge and skills. Repair and replacement of post-tensioning tendons, cable stays, bridge bearings and expansion joints are of course key services; we also provide a wide range of services to assess, protect, repair and strengthen your structure.
- Inspection services: field inspection campaigns including access solutions, inspection of structural fittings, photographic survey including photogrammetry, non-destructive testing using imaging technologies and electro-chemical corrosion measurements, invasive inspections using endoscopy and material sampling, etc
- Assessment studies: review of maintenance records, condition assessment, structural assessments
- Instrumentation and monitoring to measure the behaviour of the structure over time, including procurement, integration, data collection, analysis, recommendations.
- Patch repair
- Concrete re-profiling
- Grout injection of concrete voids, honeycombs and joints
- Injection of cracks to reinstate monolithism
- Filling of cracks to restore waterproofing
- Concrete anti-carbonation coatings
- Protective coatings and waterproofing linings
- Cathodic protection with galvanic anodes
- Cathodic protection with impressed current
- Electro-chemical treatment of concrete
- Surface treatments
- Additional prestressing
- Dry shocrete
- Carbon fiber fabrics and rods
- Ultra-High Performance Fiber-Reinforced concrete
- UHPC blisters
- Metal and wood reinforcements
- Underpinning with micro-piles
- Load transfer using flat jacks
- Repair and replacement of post-tensioning cables
- Repair and replacement of stay cables
- Replacement of bearings
- Replacement of expansion joints
- Maintenance of corniches
Find out more in our case studies
Our range of solutions for bridge maintenance
Maintenance of expansion joints and bearings
Maintenance of stay cables and prestressing tendons
Timber and masonry structures
You have a question about our solutions or you already have a project in mind? Please fill out the form below and our teams will get back to you shortly.