With many years of experience in this field, Freyssinet's teams specialising in jacking and handling structures can carry out any type of work, from simple jacking (changing a bearing or repairing a sheave) to more complex operations (synchronised movement of a complete structure).
Jacking a structure is a delicate operation that requires prior checks:
- Check if any link exists between pile and deck (concrete link, uplift equipment, pipes, etc.)
- Check connections at expansion joint positions – free movement of joints and potential supply connections (electricity, natural gas, water, etc.)
- Check possible positioning for lifting jacks and space available at piles and deck – Lifting jacks available for the work and compatibility with the positioning
- Loading to apply and jack capacity
- Loads applied to structure while jacking
- Admissible tolerances for lifting heights while jacking
- Need and possibility to maintain traffic during jacking
Thanks to a large and recent stock of equipment (jacks of all sizes and capacities (25 to 500 tonnes), pumps, 24-point synchronised jacking units, etc.), and accessories (jacking brackets, steel or PVC shims of all thicknesses, etc.), Freyssinet has all the capacities to provide quality work.
We are constantly innovating and developing our own tools, in particular the jacking controllers (CAL) to carry out the most delicate operations. Because it is essential to check the structural constraints before jacking, our CAL system enables the coordination of jacks and the analysis of lifting parameters. The guarantee of a precise and safe operation.