Repair works on Port Irene in the Philippines
Large redevelopment project
The project is part of a large redevelopment scheme managed by the Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) under a Public Private Partnership over a 25-year period.
Design & Build contract
As part of Phase I of the scheme, we have been awarded a Design & Build contract to upgrade the existing port wharf located in Santa-Ana, which consists of a 189m long pier and a 70m access bridge supported by 336 steel piles.
Investigation and design from September 2020 to March 2021
On the basis of this initial phase, our Freyssinet International Manila and Major Projects teams carried out the following works:
- rehabilitation of damaged concrete -spraying of 600t of dry shotcrete,
- installation of 5,000 + sacrificial anodes to protect steel piles from corrosion,
- protection of 4,500 m2 of concrete,
- reinstatement of 46 concrete pile jackets
- as well as underwater repair of monotube steel piles.
During peak times, 50 people were mobilised at the same time
Thank you to all the teams involved in this rehabilitation project and congratulations for the impeccable respect of the deadlines! Freyssinet is proud to have played a role in the expected second life of this port so important for the Philippines.